Monday, November 13, 2017

Luke 9: 23-24

23¶And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. 
24For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it. 


What I love about this little section of scripture is it says that we need to take up His cross DAILY and follow Him. It isn’t an every once in a while thing,  it is waking up every day ready to do the will of our Savior and to wear His name on our hearts, ready to be disciples of Him and serve Him with the love and gratitude that we have for all that He has done. One of the things we can do is serve all the people that we have in our lives and He has instructed us to serve Him and feed His sheep IF we love Him, as we learn in John 21:15-17. Do you love your Savior? How are you feeding His sheep? There are so many blessing promised to those disciples of Christ but because of this it isn't easy, it’s hard and we need a few of those attributes of Christ to help us do it the way He would. In Alma 7:23 we are given the keys as to what it is that we need.  23) And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive. I love this verse, it teaches us about the Christ-like attributes that we need to develop to be His disciple, to serve Him and be an example to those that we have in our lives. This week I was able to learn about patience, a lesson I am grateful to have. We had a hard week and I was a little discouraged with the lack of help that I was given throughout the week and I had a day where I was ready to be done and did not want to get to work and then the spirit taught me that I need to become more humble and find more patience in my heart for my Savior and his promises but also for his children. To be humble, patient, and diligent isn’t easy, but it is worth it because we can feel a pure joy from our Father in Heaven when the blessings do come. I am so grateful for the spirit in my life and all that he does to teach and guide me. I am thankful for the scriptures and all that I am able to learn from them to help better myself as a disciple of God. I love you all and hope that all of you have a great week and have a chance to notice the hand of the Lord in your life.







3 comments: