Tuesday, October 3, 2017

In 1 Nephi 20:10 it says, "For Behold, I have refined thee. I have chosen the in the furnace of affliction."  When I read this verse it really spoke to me in the way that I have been chosen to be here at this time with these people and these hardships and to be refined by my Heavenly Father. He knows exactly what afflictions I need to have to learn and to grow and to become the person that I want to be and also the person that He needs me to be. I know that it is not just this way for me but for all of us. We are chosen for this time, these people we have in our lives, and the difficulties that we have in our paths to learn and to grow closer to our Savior. In the talk by Elder Stanely E. Ellis he spoke about the importance of trust, and the trust that we put in our Father in Heaven and the fact that He is with us every step of the way. He taught us how the difficult times in this life are good if we react to the them in a positive way and fall back on the trust we have in our Heavenly Father to help us push forward and learn all it is that we need to to reach his presence after this life here on the earth. It is the difficult times that change us because when we struggle we learn better, especially when we include Jesus Christ in our struggles and learn how to apply his atonement into our lives. I know all of this is true. I know that we grow from the afflictions that we are given and I know that in these afflictions and hardships Christ is refining us, making us perfect, teaching us things, changing us, so that we can become like Him and be able to reach his presence after we endure all that we need to in this life. I am so thankful for the conference weekend that we had and I am so thankful for the things that I learned and the spirit that I felt. It was something that I truly needed in my life at this moment. This is our time now! We were chosen for this time, to change us, to change others, and to all be able to grow together and closer to Christ. It is our time to be refined by our Savior. He chose us for now. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.


Hermana Brasher




No comments:

Post a Comment