Wednesday, September 27, 2017

This week I was reading a talk by Elder C. Scott Grow titled, “And This is Life Eternal.”  This talk was something that opened my heart a little bit more to the question: How well do we really know our Heavenly Father? In the talk it goes over things that we need to be doing and can be doing to know our Heavenly Father a little bit more and more everyday. Because He knows us perfectly and we should also want to know Him perfectly and we can get there. I love our Heavenly Father and I have been given the opportunity to grow so close to Him in the past 10 months, but I know that there is so much more that I need to learn. I know that we can learn these things as we prayerfully do the simple things. One of the points in the talk was that we read the scriptures and learn more about Him and His blessings, promises and commandments.  As we do His will, we will be able to grow closer to Him through the little or big sacrifices that we make to fulfill the will of the Lord. One of my favorite points was to become more like our Savior by following his example. I know that if we want to grow closer to Christ we just need to try and that will be enough. Heavenly Father doesn't need us to be perfect, just to have a perfect desire to do what is right in our heart and to always press forward in becoming more like our Savior everyday. I know that this is true and I am so thankful for this… for the opportunity to try, and to just keep trying. 

I have a new companion, I am training Hermana Mamani and it has been harder. She gets emotional when she gets frustrated and doesn't want to do things anymore. Its hard for me to get her out of bed in the morning and I am needing to push and teach so she can know more, but in these times as well she gets frustrated because she then feels like she doesn't know anything and then I want to stop pushing and teaching but then she won’t learn so I am just trying to learn as well... it is making me a better missionary.

This Sunday was hard. We went early in the morning to pick up all of our investigators for church and not one of them was home like they said they would be.  After church we had a lot of awesome appointments to find these new families and not one of them was home and at 8:00 I just wanted to go visit this family that I know always has food for us and finish my night. But, we were walking by this door and I just felt like I should knock on it and this sweet oldish lady opened the door and said come in, come in... and we didn't even say anything. They invited us to sit down and answered all of our routine questions before we could even ask them and then we taught them and they accepted the Book of Mormon with open hearts and told us that we could come and visit them again. They laughed with us, answered our questions, and helped me to remember that Heavenly Father is watching and he knows that we are just trying.

We had a baptism this Saturday for Carmen Verano and it was awesome. Our ward really participated and it was one of the best baptisms I have had with our ward participating.

I love our Savior, our Father in Heaven and this gospel in Spanish and in English… with all my heart. I love all of you and am so thankful for you in my life! Have a wonderful week full of blessings and have a fun time being good people.

Hermana Brasher

Hermana Brasher & Hermana Mamani



1 comment:

  1. "have a fun time being good people" ... it really is a sweet thought because it actually is fun when we try our best to be our best. I just love seeing your name tag announcing to the world that you are a disciple of Jesus Christ. What an amazing honor to be you. I love you so much. xox

    ReplyDelete