Tuesday, August 15, 2017

This weekend I was able to learn something very special. In alma 31 (i think, its ether 30,31 or 32) Alma talks about the joy he feels for the people he is serving and the joy he feels in the success that Heavenly Father has blessed him with. This week I was able to experience something a little like this joy I  imagine Alma was talking about. Hermana Alcocer and I have been working with a family for the last five months, the dad got baptized but the mom didn't and she had been really hard to try to help. This Sunday we had a conference with some of the 70s in our area and Elder Cook and the spirit that was in this meeting was so strong. Afterwards, our zone was having a big group baptism and we invited them to come. Hermana Alcocer and I felt like we should once again invite this mom to get baptized. There was a pause and she just said okay Hermanas but I want to go first. I can not even tell you how happy my heart was to see her get baptized and to see her husband so so happy to be able to reach the goal of having their family together forever. I know the joy that I felt through the rest of my Sunday was from our Heavenly Father and that there is nothing of this world that can truly help us feel the happiness that we can feel from doing the things our Heavenly Father needs us to do. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have been able to have to work with this family and watch them go from something that made life and marriage look absolutely no fun to something truly beautiful. I am so grateful for the spirit and the miracles that come and I am even more grateful to have this time to be a part of those miracles and the time that I have to feel this joy! I love you all and I hope you all get to experience a little bit of this joy of God  this week.


Hermana Brasher




1 comment:

  1. I really love this story of a mother who decides to recognize the work of Heavenly Father in her life and be baptized. I can only imagine how happy you and your sweet companion were. It was amazing to see a transformation happen in the lives of people who finally give the "plan of happiness" a try. Thank you for sharing this powerful experience Hermana Brasher. xox

    ReplyDelete