Sunday, April 2, 2017

Well it is true, I have a new companion! I am also out of my training… granted I think i will be in training my whole life, but thats okay. MY new companion is Hermana Avila and she is awesome. She has some much energy and its awesome because she has learned how to use it with the work and it has helped us really work hard. 

This week has been a little crazy with the flooding that Peru has been having. In the nights we have been having other Hermanas in our zone staying with us, and though I do love making new friends, sharing stories, and talking I think I love sleep more, lol. But boy, one of the Hermanas just wants to talk and talk and talk. This is great and all when you aren't a missionary and the next day you can sleep in a little, but it’s fun to have a little sleep over every night.

Something really sad happened to me this week. So here is the story. I have a bakery that I love to go to because they have this sandwich type thing that is to die for! Well not really to die for but it is as good as it gets in Peru lol. It’s like a croissant with ham and cheese in the middle. I was so pumped to show my cute new companion the little secrets of Famesa so we bought some, but before I gave her hers I tried to see which one was heavier with my hands so I could have the one with the most cheese and ham haha. I was so excited to sink my teeth into the warm flaky bread and taste the cheeesy ham in the middle. But surprise it was full of maggots.... and I wanted to die in this moment... so yeah I'm not eating there again. ( there is a picture of it)

My scripture for you all this week is Mosiah 7:33. We have a promise from our Heavenly Father that if we work diligently with him always he will always be there to help us in the times that we feel like we just can’t go any farther and this is a beautiful message I think for everybody not just missionaries that are in a place that just really turns them up side down at times. We just need to do the things he asks of us when all in all it is not much. I love the promises and the help that we are given from the Lord and I love learning and growing with these promises everyday.


I love you all and i am so grateful for you people in my life. I hope you all have a good week and I hope you all feel the love coming from Lima Peru!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment