Monday, February 6, 2017

This week was a triste (sad) week. I don't know if you remember, but we had a baptism on Saturday for Kevin and we were all way excited about it, but on Friday he said that he doesn't want it. He still wants to go to church and read the Book of Mormon because he likes these things, but he doesn't want to get baptized. It was hard for me to hear. I think it has a lot to do with his Mom. We also have this pretty big group of Jajova Witnesses walking around and they are always with Kevin and his family, but one day he will be baptized. I guess this just isn't the time for him.

One of our other investigators Percy, is really progressing. We had a lesson with him and he just kept expressing how much he is ready to change and how excited he is for his baptism and how his work schedule is changing so he will be able to attend church easier (he has had a hard time attending church). This made my heart just so happy. It made me feel like I am actually doing this right!

This week personally I have been working on relying on the spirit to help me speak so I am able to say exactly what the people need to hear. I still need to work on this a lot more, it is hard for me not to freak out when it is my turn to speak and to just be calm and listen but I have made some progress this week.

Cambiars are this week! We find out tonight if we change our companionships or not. I don't think I will because we stay with our trainers for sure the first 12 weeks, but Hermana Yato is not getting he hopes up so who knows we might switch but we might not. What is changing for sure is the sun. It gets hotter and hotter everyday and I feel like I am never dry. I didn’t even know my face could sweat this much. Sometimes durning lessons I can feel drops of sweat racing down my back, its the best!… and it is only going to get hotter!!!!

I love you all!


Hermana Brasher





2 comments:

  1. I really like to see these pictures and imagine our Hermana living there. It sounds like another challenging/learning week. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet Abi. So inspiring. I'm always thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete