Monday, January 9, 2017

Peru has ruined me from ever wanting a dog ever in my life. They are EVERYWHERE and they smell sooooooo gross!!!!! I literally don't ever want to own a dog unless I dress my cat up as a dog for halloween to be funny, that would be the only exception. There are cats here too, quite a bit. I don't touch them because who knows what they have rolled around in but they leave me alone and they don't smell as bad.

So I asked two people to be baptized this week and that is exciting because they said yes!… after Hermana Yato re-asked  them because you know... Spanish lol. Sometimes I am just talking in Spanish and slowly realize I don't even know what I am saying, my life is a big chiste (joke). No, but it really was a good experience. During the lessons I feel like our investigators really want this gospel in their life, especially Kevin. He has family members who are members so he knows quite a bit already, but in the lessons I can tell he's ready, the only problem is that he doesn't feel ready. Its hard to get people to WANT to read, pray and do the things we need them to do to gain their own testimony or at least start to gain one. 

Funny story of the week… My companion asked me to teach her a phrase in english that people say and the first thing that came to my mind is,  “don't do a half fanny job" I actually said it… and then after I said it I thought,  shoot! that’s only something we say in my family and I have no idea how to explain it, but i did and she asked, what is a fanny? So I pointed to her bum. lol and she was all,  “I thought that it was a butt" and then we went over all the names your booty has, and then said.. but what about (insert swear word)! I started dying laughing and said yes, but it’s not really one you should use on your mission! lol. It might not be funny to all of you but it is still funny to me… hence all the lol’s.

It’s slowly getting more and more hot, woot woot :( Well I don't really know what else to say about this week, a lot happened but not stuff you all would be interested in and I didn't understand half of it so i couldn't tell you much either;) 

I love you all. 

Hermana Brasher



1 comment: